Classification Title: Security Officer
Position Type: Full Time Staff
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Security Officer performs routine work in safe-guarding buildings, grounds, and property against loss or damage. Work involves patrolling campus buildings, parking lots and grounds in an assigned area and observing and reporting unauthorized personnel, criminal activity, fires, equipment failures and other irregularities. The employee also enforces parking regulations and responds to calls for assistance. The employee works independently in accordance with established procedures. Work is reviewed on the basis of results obtained and supervisory spot checks.
One (1) year Security experience is preferred.
- A minimum of a school leaving certificate or o-levels are required.
- Must complete the Basic Security Guard Course class within twelve (12) months of hire.
- Must complete basic company policies and radio communication courses.
- Ability to operate 2 or 4 wheel security vehicles
- Use portable walkie-talkie radios, jumper cables, flashlights and wheel locks.
- Ability to use computer for entries and checking data information.
Mobility required to travel from place to place on campus and to other campuses to perform required duties. Ability to perform high physical exertion on an occasional basis and moderate physical exertion on a frequent basis as needed. Duties also include restraining combative suspects, pursuing fleeing suspects, lifting of heavy objects, use of moderately heavy tools, equipment or materials. Position requires walking, climbing, running, sitting or standing in a fixed position for extended periods of time. Ability to receive detailed information from others through oral communication. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to perform the essential duties of this position.
Criminal History Check required. Pre-Employment drug screening required. A valid Maltese Driver's License and an insurable driving record is required.
Candidate must be willing to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
Required Applicant Documents:
- Resume / Cover Letter
- Passport Photo or similar
- Optional Applicant Documents